Finance Rental Upkeep with a Washington Hard Money Loan
It’s been a dry and sunny summer in the Pacific Northwest. While sun-worshipers are enjoying the final weeks of warm weather, gardens and landscaping are ready for rain.
How do you keep a Washington rental or vacation property looking it’s best with minimal work regardless of weather – especially during hot summer months?
Follow these helpful landscaping and maintenance tips for an attractive, easy-upkeep investment property.
Rental Property Landscape & Maintenance Tips
When thinking about landscaping:
- Plant evergreen trees, shrubs and ground cover and perennials that bloom annually.
- Choose drought-tolerant foliage that will withstand lack of watering or bouts of dry weather.
- Select slow growing, fuss-free plants that require low maintenance.
- Include attractive stone and gravel areas that help keep grass (and mowing) to a minimum.
When arranging maintenance:
- Clearly communicate any tenant responsibilities for upkeep.
- Hire a professional landscaping company to keep your property looking presentable.
- Regularly prune and remove overgrowth for a tidy appearance and easier overall maintenance.
- Keep “extras” (lawn furniture, garden accessories) to a minimum to reduce upkeep and breakage.
An inviting, well-maintained exterior is as important as a rental’s interior features in attracting quality tenants. Safeguard the long term value of your real estate investment. Plant smart and take care!
Make Rental Property Improvements with a Washington Private Money Loan
Success in real estate investing takes thoughtful planning, hard work and financing that’s available when you need it. We provide asset-based hard money loan services to investors throughout Washington State. Our team at Gregory M. Russell has 30 years lending experience. Call us at 1-888-477-0444 for details.