Get a Washington Private Money Loan for Pet Friendly Upgrades
People love their pets.
And when it comes to dogs, Seattle is rated the number one dog-friendly city in the country, according to Rover.com.
The city ranks high thanks to its walkability, open spaces, outdoor activities, and businesses and housing that welcome canine companions.
89% of pet owners across the U.S. would not give up their pet due to a housing restriction. 81% of Americans say their pets play a part in their selection of housing.
If you own rental property in the Seattle-metro area, it pays to pay attention to the city’s dog-loving population. While there are risks to allowing pets in rental units, there’s a bigger risk of losing out on great tenants who love dogs.
By making your rental investment pet-friendly, you’ll rent faster and keep good tenants longer.
How to Make Your Rental Property Pet Friendly
- When purchasing, look for property with a fenced area, that’s near walking paths and pet-friendly parks, and that’s close to pet groomers, veterinarians and pet stores.
- Charging a pet fee can not only offset expenses but increase gross income. (Be aware of state and local laws pertaining to allowable fees and deposits.)
- Avoid tenant issues up front with precise lease language, including allowed sizes and breeds of dogs, behavior policies, cause for eviction, and other rules and guidelines.
- Keep a reserve set aside for maintenance, repairs and clean up related to pet damage.
- Make rental interiors “pet-friendly” with laminate flooring, stain-resistant carpeting and washable satin or semi-gloss painted walls.
By meeting the needs of pet owners, you can increase your ability to rent – and your return on investment.
Your Private Money Lender – Fast, Easy Financing in Washington State
If you need a quick, easy qualifying equity loan for a rental property purchase or upgrades to meet the needs of the local dog-loving real estate market, talk to our team of experienced private money lenders. We’ve been working with investors in Seattle and throughout Washington for over 30 years – offering friendly loan services and our expertise as hard money lenders. Use our simple online loan application or call today to learn more. You can reach Gregory M. Russell at 1-888-477-0444. We’re happy to discuss your financing needs; bad credit is not an issue!