Our Washington Equity Loans Help Finance Larger Projects
It’s a hectic time of year when juggling the regular daily routine on top of holiday plans can quickly overwhelm you.
If you’re trying to prepare your home or vacation rental for guests or renters, finding the time for improvements may be challenging.
Here are nine fast upgrades that are not only quick but also easy on your budget – a bonus during the holidays when spending is a concern.
Fast & Budget-Friendly DIY Home Improvements
- Improve the entryway: Make your entrance a welcoming space for busy comings and goings. Add easy-access hooks for large and small items, from damp coats to keys. A shoe rack will keep muddy footwear off the floor and the area trip-free. Stack baskets or bins for hats, gloves, and pet gear.
- Tidy the trim: Baseboards and molding take a beating. Repair trim where needed with wood filler and sandpaper and replace damaged or mismatched sections. Scrub scuffs and marks and touch it all up with a coat of paint.
- Paint a room: A fresh coat of paint can be a game-changer on a bigger scale, too. Give new life to any room in the house in just a few hours. Calm, neutral hues will reflect light and provide a good background for any décor.
- Switch out switch plates: Change out old, cracked, or mismatched light switch and electrical outlet covers for a fresh look. Today’s covers lean towards the larger size, and white is the most popular color. Or take it up a level with decorator covers in wood or ceramic.
- Refresh window covers: Update window treatments with inexpensive blinds or curtain panels. Keep coverings simple and neutral, and choose from sheer or opaque options that provide privacy while letting natural light in.
- Add a backsplash: Transform your kitchen with quick and easy peel-and-stick backsplash tiles. Choose from a wide variety of styles, colors, and patterns. Tiles go on quickly and are a budget-friendly alternative to investing in real tiles.
- Replace caulking: Give your kitchen or bathroom a cleaner look and protect it from water damage. Time and use take a toll on caulk, leaving it discolored, moldy, and cracked. Remove and replace old or damaged sink, tub, or shower caulk to prevent further issues or leaks.
- Increase bathroom storage: You can’t have too much bathroom storage. Install towel racks and hooks for robes – and make them easy to reach when stepping out of the shower. Add shelves or cabinet space to accommodate toiletries.
- Install shelving: Open shelving is an interior décor trend that adds storage and display options while keeping space – literally – open and light. Add shelves of varying lengths in natural wood or clean laminated finishes to the kitchen or throughout the house.
These quick, easy, budget-friendly home improvements will put the sparkle on your home or rental for the holidays.
Use a Washington Hard Money Loan for Major Renovations
Small upgrades and property maintenance are essential. But when you need financing for the big stuff, like major renovations or investment purchases, a private money lender may be the answer. Gregory M. Russell is a trusted hard money lender with over three decades of experience in the mortgage industry. Our lending team partners with Washington real estate investors to help them get the loans they need to meet their goals. As a direct lender, our loans are equity-based, and our approval process is streamlined. Your credit and employment history are secondary. If conventional lenders have said no, call us to learn more. So, call 1-888-477-0444 or fill out our online loan request form. We’ll help you – fast!