Finance Rental Repairs & Upgrades with a Washington Private Money Loan
Winter is here. And with it comes the responsibility of making sure your rental property is properly prepared for the rigors of cold weather in the months ahead.
The better you maintain and protect your property, the higher a return you’ll see on your investment: A well-kept property avoids damage that leads to more costly repairs. And happy, comfortable tenants reduce your turnover and vacancy rate.
Use the following rental property cold weather maintenance check list to get the most out of your investment.
Rental Property Cold Weather Maintenance
- Roof: Inspect the roof for any damage or weak spots.
- Gutters: Clear gutters of leaves and debris.
- Exterior pipes & faucets: Drain water from hoses and irrigation systems; wrap and insulate faucets.
- Landscaping: Mulch and fertilize lawn and flower beds. Trim and prune plantings and dead tree branches.
- Drainage: Check for potential drainage and water issues around your foundation.
- Windows & doors: Check for drafts. Insulate and caulk to prevent air leaks.
- Air ducts: Schedule an annual HVAC duct cleaning.
- Furnace: Replace filters and schedule an annual furnace service check up.
- Fireplace: Check for buildup and schedule a professional chimney cleaning if needed.
- Interior pipes: Wrap and insulate exposed pipes in chilly areas (basements, attics, crawl spaces).
- Attic & basement: Make sure insulation is adequate!
Spend a bit more time and energy on a well-maintained rental property now, and enjoy a stress-free winter.
Get an Easy Apply Washington Hard Money Loan for Rental Repairs
If your rental property needs unexpected repairs or an investment opportunity presents itself, a conventional loan may not be an option. When you need fast financing, a hard money loan can be the answer you’re looking for. Talk to our Gregory M. Russell private money lender team. We have worked with real estate investors for over thirty years, helping them to meet their investment goals. Our hard money loans are based on your available equity. Your employment status and credit history are secondary. Give us a call at 1-888-477-0444 to learn about our loan services or complete our simple online loan request form. We understand the demands of being a landlord and the real estate industry. Call today!