An Equity-Based Washington Hard-Money Loan Makes Investing Easy
If you’re trying to buy a home, you’ve probably experienced tight inventory and a super competitive market. Bidding wars are commonplace, and properties sell in under a day in some markets. Buyers must be both vigilant and flexible in their real estate quest.
Finding a place may feel like an impossibility. But there are buyers who manage to purchase properties even before they are ever put on the market. How can you find a house before it’s listed on the MLS (multiple listing service) database?
The Pros, Cons & What to Know About Buying an Unlisted Home
A motivated seller typically lists their home on the MLS for the greatest exposure. The National Association of Realtors (NAR) requires that agents and brokers list any properties they represent on the site.
But sellers sometimes prefer to keep property sales private for a variety of reasons. Or they might be planning to sell and simply be waiting for the right time. How do you find those golden opportunities?
- Homeowners associations (HOAs) are a good starting point. Inquire about any impending vacancies.
- Identify neighborhoods you like. Send out postcards to homeowners to ask if anyone might be selling.
- Drive through your favorite neighborhoods. Reach out to owners of neglected properties.
- Research FSBO listings that haven’t sold. “DIY” homeowners may still be interested in selling.
- Friends and family can be a valuable networking tool. Let everyone know you’re looking!
- Get the word out about your search via social media. Encourage your friends and followers to share.
- Real estate agents have access to private listings and share word-of-mouth between associates.
The more you get the word out and the more creative you are in your search, the greater chance you’ll have of landing the perfect real estate deal.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
If a post-offer appraisal comes in lower than the agreed-to price, it could shake up the process.
Be sure to hook up with a Real Estate Agent who knows the market and who can represent you in negotiations. And do your own research. Even if things feel good and the seller seems amenable to your offer, you want to be sure you’re receiving a fair deal.
Most of all, be patient, think outside the box, and enjoy the moment when your new-found property becomes your own. It will happen!
Make Buying Simple with Our Hard Money Loans
So, you found a new home. It’s everything you hoped for. The ideal fix and flip. Or the perfect rental investment. Now you need financing! You’ve come to the right place. The trusted private money lenders at Gregory M. Russell are here to help. Give us a call (1-888-477-0444) or complete our simple online loan request form. It’s easy, quick and you can have funds in hand in two weeks or less. Unlike traditional banks and lenders who require time-consuming paperwork, we loan based on your available assets. Our loans are simple and streamlined. Apply today!